Our Functions at the Ministry of Home Affairs, Immigration Safety and Security
- Grant and issue Namibian Passports and Emergency Travel Certificates
- Grant and issue Citizenship to Foreign Nationals
- Grant and issue Various Permits to Foreign Nationals
- Grant and issue Various Visas to Foreign Nationals
- To issue Domicile Certificates to Foreign Spouses of Namibian Citizens
- The Effective Facilitation of Lawful Migration
- Refugee Administration
- Facilitate the Management of the National Population Register by providing Civil Services, including but not limited to the following:
- Birth Registration
- Death Registration
- Marriage Registration
- Provide the Ministry of Home Affairs, Immigration Safety and Security Specific Statistics and Information to Relevant Stakeholders
"It Is The Vision of This Government, to Transform the Ministry of Home Affairs, Immigration Safety and Security into a Highly Efficient Organisation that will make all Namibians proud.
It is my dream that every Namibian can obtain National Documents faster in a simpler and more convenient manner." - Minister Pendukeni Iivula-Ithana
|1. Commitment||We demonstrate commitment towards Service Delivery through our actions and decisions that we make.|
|2. Synergy|| |
We work as a team, we value Effective Communication and all our effort are coordinated towards achieving our Vision
|3. Ethics|| |
In all our leadings we Are guided and principled through our Punctuality, Customer Focus, Professionalism and Transparency.
|4. Efficiency|| |
We strive to achieve more with limited resources whilst maximizing outputs.